In today’s increasingly regulated environment, directors and other persons charged with governance have significant legal responsibilities.
Upton Ryan has an excellent record in corporate compliance matters and in addressing and resolving complex issues referred by clients and others.
Our Corporate Compliance team works closely with colleagues in audit and tax planning. Access toexternal consultants, where appropriate, is available on some of the more complex arrangements and transactions. Our services reduce the administrative burden on our clients in complying with their statutory obligations.
The core areas in which the Corporate Services team operates are advising on and assisting with:
- Irish company legislation and the Companies Act 2014.
- Electronic filing.
- Rules regarding residency issues and the new requirements for EEA resident directors.
- Directors duties to the company whether in statute or governed by an acceptable code of conduct.
- Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement issues.
- Company re-structuring including complex group structure
In addition to the above, the Corporate Compliance team deals with the following:
- Statutory annual compliance
- Standard secretarial maintenance
- Standard company formation and re-registration
- Dissolutions and restorations
- Providing company registration services and/or the services of a company secretary
- Monitoring of CRO filings to prevent corporate identity theft